She is an amazing an inspiring woman and my blog-stalking has definitely given me some motivation for the upcoming week. I read a lot of her posts, but one definitely stood out to me. It was about some book I've never read. More specifically it was about how Luke 22:31-32 stood out to her.
Luke 22:31-32 "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”A verse I had never heard before. She was caught on the fact that this verse applied to all of us. That Jesus Himself prayed for us. That he had faith in our faith. Wow.
I'm relatively new to intentionally walking with God, and lately I've been concerned with showing him how much I wanted to walk with him. Showing God that I had a full faith in His sovereignty. He has faith in our faith. Wow.
I was walking to the library tonight and as I passed Mary Martin Hall I looked up and could see the stars perfectly. The moment took my breathe away. Since my I was a little kid I can remember being enamored by the stars. Seeing them is one of the biggest things I miss about home. Seeing them tonight reminded me of how beautiful and perfect God's plan was for my life, and (though I didn't have these words for it then) that he has faith in my faith.
He has faith in our faith.
Last week was pretty ridiculous. I was stressed and my heart was so full. I let Satan win that battle more than once. Then I became even more stressed with my self for not being able to let what stress I had go. God carried me through with loving grace that I could never possibly begin to deserve.
Wow. He has faith in our faith. Faith in my faith. How comforting it is to know that I was made to worship a God who believes in me more than I could ever begin to believe in myself.
"Salora, Salora, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Salora, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”
No comments:
Post a Comment