Hey there! Lately I've been led down a beautiful path of discovery in finding out not who I am supposed to be, but who I am supposed to be in Christ. I am learning to walk in His path for my life and to desire that over my own. Even on days when we struggle, He has faith in our faith and He will never leave us. I've had a lot on my heart so I feel like this is the perfect place for my ramblings.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Study Break

Fact: studying for marketing is kicking my tale right now
Fact: elections week has been kicking my tale (and I don't even have to campaign this time)


Explanation: I chose sleep over class a few too many times 
Explanation: I see this as so much bigger than t-shirts and candy


In student government we are given an opportunity to have a voice that is louder than we will have at virtually any other point in our lives. A group of 25,000 is so much more easily impacted than a group of 310,779,000. This vote will directly impact our collegiate experience. Yeah, just it's 4 years (or 5 or 6 for some people) but they're a huge 4 years! 


My prayer this week:
Let the candidates that will best lead and serve be chosen. Let the individuals who have You and the Auburn students at the forefront of their hearts be the ones who are given the overwhelming opportunity of serving. Let them know that You are the reason they are allowed the opportunity.
It may seem like such a silly thing to be troubled over, but it has really been weighing on my heart. Maybe it has to do with being on the ballot tomorrow for a position that I have dreamed of for as long as I can remember. Maybe it has to do with knowing that there are so many others on the ballot who feel the same way. I think the biggest reason it's weighed so heavily for me is that for many, God has other plans for them.


Last night I sent in e-mails to the camps that I had applied to work with for the upcoming summer. I told them that after a tremendous amount of prayer I had been led to missions. I know this is where my summer is supposed to head, but I also know that I have never wanted anything more than to be able to share my love for Him with students. I was so excited for the opportunity to serve students, but God had other plans.


Don't get me wrong, I am beyond pumped about getting to go to Thailand, but my selfish heart is still a little torn. It's like getting a full tuition scholarship to the college of your dreams, then still being a little sad that you won't be at the university down the road with all your friends. After a conversation with a major candidate tonight, I've bee led to a new prayer for tomorrow:
Let those who aren't chosen to serve in the capacity in which they had hoped realize that it's all in Your hands. That you have a different plan for them that can be just a fulfilling. That they will find comfort in Your plan, and be willing to walk in it over there own. Be with them and help them to know that You love them more than the stars that You taught how to shine. Help them to see the windows opened instead of the doors closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment